Thanks to the eleven information panels along the trail, you can immerse yourself in the world of energy that is created and produced here
How does water become electricity? How can electricity power a locomotive? And where does the electricity from my socket come from? The Via Energia provides answers to these and many more questions.
The trail is located in the Bernina Glaciers area and leads from Ospizio Bernina to Cavaglia. On the two- to three-hour hike you will not only experience the magnificent landscape of the upper Valposchiavo, but you can also discover many energy topics at eleven stops. In addition to informative texts, 3D graphics, quizzes and digital animations that can be called up via QR codes make for an entertaining hike. The trail leads along the Bernina line of the Rhaetian Railway, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
All the panels are complemented by a 3D graphic that is brought to life via QR code. Children can go on an adventure with "Pluschin" and discover the secrets of electricity production from hydropower. A small surprise awaits them at the end.
- Highlight: The heart-shaped Lago Palü. The glacier-cold mountain lake is not exactly inviting for a swim, but for an extensive rest.
- Tip: If you still feel like it after the educational hike, you can visit the nearby Cavaglia Glacier Garden.
- RhB station: Ospizio Bernina. For the way back: Cavaglia.
- Nearby: Camera Obscura,Cavaglia Glacier Garden & Alp Grüm viewpoint.
- More information at: www.repower.com/via-energia